[MPlayer-users] Stitched video file has no audio and no timecode

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Thu Oct 9 20:06:48 CEST 2008

> mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -lavcopts vcodec=msmpeg4v2 -of lavf
> -o <output file path>  <list of files to merge>

Err... You say -ovc, that is, don't change the video codec, and specify
-lavcopts vcodec=msmpeg4v2, that is change video codec to msmpeg.
Hard job to do, ins't it, changing the codec without changing it.

> 1.  It does not have any audio even though the individual files have
> sound

Have you tried two files that use the same audio codec? I could imagine
that sound might be hard to play when it starts as stereo mp3 and changes
to ac3-surround midway in the file.

> For the first problem, I previously tested it with .wmv files that I
> encoded in our encoding workstation and the merged file had no problem
> with the audio.

Presumably they all had the same audio codec.

when using -ovc copy -oac copy to concatenate files, make sure they have
identical
codecs in the first place. Or re-encode them.

Greets,

Kiste