[MPlayer-users] When will there be a new release?

Andrew Savchenko Bircoph at list.ru
Tue Oct 14 10:06:26 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Monday 13 October 2008 02:42, Jan Knutar wrote:
[...]
> Well, to start with, someone should compile a list of known
> regressions and other gotchas, look into prodding the right
> people to try fix any such regressions, etc...
>
> Stuff that vaguely comes to mind:
>
> Does ass support still work, or is it waiting for uau/aurelien
> to stop arguing or write code? Did it work in rc2?

What is the problem with the ass support in mplayer? It works fine
for me with the current SVN HEAD. However, afaik, there is a
pending patch for -ass support in mencoder; perhaps, this issue
should be overviewed.

> DVD support...
> Someone needs to write a really point by point explanation of
> dvdnav forking, how to use the forked dvdnav, what of the
> internal dvdnav in MPlayer, etc.

Currently either dvdread or dvdnav may be used at one time. Dunno
why, 'cause some time ago (about a year or two) it was possible to
use them both. Perhaps, somewhere in dev mail list or svn log the
explanation is.

> And how do you get css support?

It works fine out of the box if libdvdcss is installed in your
system, IOW in the same way as any other package.

Best regards,
Andrew