[MPlayer-users] When will there be a new release?

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Tue Oct 14 10:13:57 CEST 2008

Andrew Savchenko wrote:
> Hi,
>> DVD support...
>> Someone needs to write a really point by point explanation of
>> dvdnav forking, how to use the forked dvdnav, what of the
>> internal dvdnav in MPlayer, etc.
>
> Currently either dvdread or dvdnav may be used at one time. Dunno
> why, 'cause some time ago (about a year or two) it was possible to
> use them both. Perhaps, somewhere in dev mail list or svn log the
> explanation is.

Is this really the case? I run my system with external dvdnav and
dvdread (from SVN), compile mplayer with --disable-dvdread-internal, and
have css as external library, and everything works fine (apart from DVD
subtitles, which still give me headaches, as they don't show up on
program start, and disappear on chapter break with dvdnav (not with dvd://))

--
cheers,
Alex