[MPlayer-users] When will there be a new release?

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 14 19:36:25 CEST 2008

Hello Phil,

Phil Rhodes wrote:

> Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
>
>> You can use -vo x11
>
> On Windows?

No.

>> or -vo gl
>
> I'm pretty sure that results in a non-capturable overlay, too.
>
>> or -vf screenshot filter.
>
> Um, OK.

Which you could have found out for yourself if you had read
the MPlayer manual.

>> As about font, if your mplayer is build with fontconfig,
>
> What's that? How do I tell?

Google and the MPlayer manual are your friends.

What is fontconfig? See Google. It is also mentioned in the
MPlayer manual.  Just try to use it. See the -font
and -fontconfig entries right next to each other in the MPlayer
manual. If your MPlayer does not have fontconfig support,
it won't work and it may even explicitly tell you that there
is no fontconfig support.

>> (or write font=Arial in config)
>
> Which config where?

See the MPlayer manual.

>> fontconfig is required for ssa/ass support anyway.
>
> What does ssa/ass mean?

See the MPlayer manual.

> I hate to be longwinded but this is the user list not the dev list!

You really need to read the documentation.