[MPlayer-users] Did anything recently changed with -slang?

Ilja Sekler ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de
Thu Oct 23 00:29:05 CEST 2008

On 21.10.2008 21:31, Andrew Savchenko wrote:

> On Tuesday 21 October 2008 20:53, Ilja Sekler wrote:
>
>> WORKS: 2008-02-28
>>
>> FAILS: 2008-03-01
>
> According to SVN log, thing were broken between revisions 26114:26127
> inclusively -- that was a massive change is audio and subtitles track
> selection.

This sounds perfectly reasonable. My last regression range was

WORKS: 2008-02-29 18:00

FAILS: 2008-02-29 19:30

The revision 26127 has been checked in at 17:25:57 2008 UTC.

BTW: How does svn handle timezones? Neither
<http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_regression_test.html>
nor the built-in help gives a clue. Does it expect local time on the
command line? It looks so (my timezone is GMT+1 in Winter).

> Perhaps, the reason is new sh_sub_t.lang field, which was filled
> properly for lavf/ogg/mkv demuxers, but not for mpeg ps streams (and
> perhaps for some other demuxers too). Try to use -demuxer lavf as
> workaround.

With -demuxer lavf I get no subtitles at all. Also -ss doesn't work and
results only in a jerky DVD playback from the very beginning of the track.

--
Regards

Ilja