[MPlayer-users] Splitting a large Ogg Vorbis file?

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Sun Oct 26 11:08:39 CET 2008

Am 26.10.2008, 10:58 Uhr, schrieb andrew <andrew.david.45 at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I took the last 15 minutes from a large Ogg Vorbis audio file using
> ffmpeg as follows:
>
> $ ffmpeg -i ftgws.ogg -ss 01:38:06 -acodec vorbis -aq 60 ursula.ogg
>
> Is there an equivalent method using MPlayer?

No, but using Mencoder.

It has switches like -ss and -endpos

Well, you could use MPlayer (with switches like -ss and -endpos) to play
to an uncompressed pcm file or stream and re-encode that later or
on-the-fly by anonymous or named pipe. Or use -dumpstream. Or -dumpaudio.
I'm always happy to read the fine manual for you.

Greets,
Kiste