[MPlayer-users] Problem with asf streaming with redirect and content-type video/x-ms-asf

Marco Munderloh munderl at tnt.uni-hannover.de
Mon Sep 1 21:56:29 CEST 2008

> OK. My bad. What's in earlier post is irrelevant.
> It's playing but not from webbrowser:
>
> mplayer -playlist http://wstreaming.zdf.de/zdf/300/080901_niklasch_h19.asx

Interesting. Never used that switch before (didn't even know about it).
But why is it necessary? It should be very easy to detect if it's a
playlist or a real video file. As I wrote before, in asf_streaming.c it
is assumed that video/x-ms-asf is a video without checking. This could
easyly be done by checking the first 4 bytes if they start with "<ASX" -
Then it should be a playlist I asume.