[MPlayer-users] Problem with asf streaming with redirect and content-type video/x-ms-asf

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 22:16:41 CEST 2008

Marco Munderloh pisze:
>> OK. My bad. What's in earlier post is irrelevant.
>> It's playing but not from webbrowser:

>> mplayer -playlist http://wstreaming.zdf.de/zdf/300/080901_niklasch_h19.asx

> Interesting. Never used that switch before (didn't even know about it).
> But why is it necessary? It should be very easy to detect if it's a
> playlist or a real video file. As I wrote before, in asf_streaming.c it
> is assumed that video/x-ms-asf is a video without checking. This could
> easyly be done by checking the first 4 bytes if they start with "<ASX" -
> Then it should be a playlist I asume.

Dunno. Maybe ASX playlist isn't only playlist that this option support?

At the side - webbrowser embeded ZDF plays fine now. Maybe it was
temporary Firefox error or it started to play properly after
mplayer/gnome-mplayer/gecko-player update.

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/