[MPlayer-users] Compiling for OS X results in garbled DVD sound

Masaru Nomiya nomiya at galaxy.dti.ne.jp
Tue Sep 2 08:47:16 CEST 2008

Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : [MPlayer-users] Compiling for OS X results in garbled DVD sound
  Date & Time: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 00:58:42 -0400

[Alex] == "Alex Sherwin" <alex.sherwin at gmail.com> has written:

Alex> I am able to play normal movie files with sound, but when I play a DVD I get
Alex> the correct video playback, but with garbled sound and lots of errors.  If I
Alex> play the DVD with the -nosound option, I get no video errors whatsoever
Alex> (normal playback, without sound)

Alex> Here is a copy of the output when it is played with sound:
Alex> http://pastebin.com/m3c4074f6

There exists a message;

> Requested audio codec family [dts] (afm=libdca) not available.
> Enable it at compilation.

Have you installed libdca?

Regards,

---