[MPlayer-users] Compiling for OS X results in garbled DVD sound

Alex Sherwin alex.sherwin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 06:58:42 CEST 2008

Hello,

I've been able to compile mplayer on OS X with the following optional libs:

libpng
jpeg
libgif
lame
xvid
x265
libdvdcss
freetype

My configure command is as follows:

./configure --disable-sse --enable-menu
--with-freetype-config=/opt/local/bin/freetype-config
--with-extralibdir=/opt/local/lib
--with-extraincdir=/opt/local/include:/opt/local/include/libpng12:/opt/local/include/lame:/opt/local/include/freetype2:/opt/local/include/fontconfig:/opt/local/include/dvdcss

I am able to play normal movie files with sound, but when I play a DVD I get
the correct video playback, but with garbled sound and lots of errors.  If I
play the DVD with the -nosound option, I get no video errors whatsoever
(normal playback, without sound)

Here is a copy of the output when it is played with sound:
http://pastebin.com/m3c4074f6

And with -nosound: http://pastebin.com/m4d278fd8

Any ideas on what could be wrong would be greatly appreciated

--
Alexander Sherwin
alex.sherwin at gmail.com