[MPlayer-users] FEATURE REQUEST: Optional banner embedding on screen and SHIFT + Key combinations support

Néstor Amigo Cairo nestorac at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 12:58:32 CEST 2008

Hi, all!!

I'm using Mplayer on a machine which shows a demo video. I want it to
show a banner on the upper side and bottom side of the screen, so
users can watch it fullscreen and manage it with a very basic keyboard
(just Space, Shift and Tab). This is important because there is an
application running on the background which needs these three keys .
And users should not be able to f..k up the machine with strange key
combinations!!

I was thinking on the following: adding multiple key support (for
example, SHIFT+TAB should work to go backwards, TAB to go forwards),
and adding some banner support, to embed an image on top and bottom of
the screen when in fullscreen mode, maybe on the black borders?? I
have some knowledge on C and Linux Apps (I'm a novice developer), and
I might help if I knew were to start from.

Any ideas??

Thanks!!

--
Néstor