[MPlayer-users] Green blocks when using mencoder with x264

list-catcher list-catcher at hellburner.com
Wed Sep 10 01:33:01 CEST 2008

I've got a track from a DVD that I'm trying to rencode into x264
but the rencode has persistent green bars in it.

I tried to upload samples into incoming but incoming kept dying on me.
They're available here:

http://www.neoghosts.org/green_blocks_x264/

the last mencoder command line I used is:

    mencoder -dvd-device ARK -endpos 10mb dvd://1 -oac copy -ovc x264 \
    -x264encopts qp=22:subq=6:partitions=all:8x8dct:me=umh:frameref=5:bframes=3:b_pyramid:weight_b:direct_pred=auto \
    -o ark-2008.avi

I've tried multiple times to ask for help or to be helpful in
freenode/#mplayer and freenode/#x264 but I keep getting nothing but
grief from them.  At the aforementioned spot I also have a screenshot
of the problem that I uploaded when one of them denied that the file
had a video track in it at all.

I would like to be helpful, thus far I've even tried to bypass various
cop-outs from the IRC crowd but I'm not getting anywhere with them.