[MPlayer-users] Green blocks when using mencoder with x264

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 02:49:45 CEST 2008

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 19:33:01 -0400
list-catcher <list-catcher at hellburner.com> wrote:

> I've got a track from a DVD that I'm trying to rencode into x264
> but the rencode has persistent green bars in it.

You should always use dimentions that are multiples of 16.  540 is
not...

> I've tried multiple times to ask for help or to be helpful in
> freenode/#mplayer and freenode/#x264 but I keep getting nothing but
> grief from them.

Your complaints about the IRC channels are neither necessary nor helpful
here.

Instead, you would have done better to have included even the
slightest bit of relevant information about your problem, as per the
bugreporting guidelines.  If your problem wasn't quite so obvious, I
would have simply ignored your problem report.