[MPlayer-users] mplayer changes the brightness of my monitor

rvm rvm3000 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 02:54:36 CEST 2008

I've just noticed the following. If I play a video using -vo x11, the
brightness of my monitor (the whole screen) changes a little bit (darker and
maybe greener), but only when the mplayer window has the focus. If I click on
another window, the screen returns to its original brightness.

This doesn't happen with xv or gl.

And even more strange, this problem doesn't happen if I use gmplayer, or other
frontends.

Have anyone else noticed this?

I'm using SVN-r27640, but it happens even with 1.0rc1.

BTW, my screen is configured to 16bit color, maybe that has something to do.

--
RVM