[MPlayer-users] pausing_keep_force

Robert Cummings robert at interjinn.com
Fri Sep 26 05:08:31 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 16:22 -0600, Kevin DeKorte wrote:

> I've been testing the recent -slave mode patch that enables
> pausing_keep_force. So far I like what I am seeing, so a couple of questions
>
> 1. Is there a way to detect if this functionality is available
> 2. When will pausing_keep_force be promoted to the real pausing_keep.
>
> I don't care if I have to change my code, cause the ability to change
> the volume of the media while it is paused and not have the media
> advance a frame is a great feature in my opinion.

I don't think it will be promoted to pausing_keep. I believe, at least
until the whole command mess is sorted properly, that it will be a third
way to do things for those that want this specific functionality. My
original patch to add this functonality directly to pausing_keep was
rejected in preference for this methodology. My guess is that there's
some paranoia in deference to maintaining strict backwards
compatibility.

Cheers,
Rob.
--