[MPlayer-users] pausing_keep_force

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Sep 26 08:52:59 CEST 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 04:22:55PM -0600, Kevin DeKorte wrote:
> 1. Is there a way to detect if this functionality is available

Probably send a
pausing_keep_force get_property ...
and see if you get an error (replace ... by something suitable).

> 2. When will pausing_keep_force be promoted to the real pausing_keep.

Two problems: 1) no idea which commands work with pausing_keep_force and
which don't.
2) in some cases both the behaviour of pausing_keep_force and
pausing_keep may be useful.

I did somewhat like the idea of promoting commands to behave like with
pausing_keep_force when pausing_keep is used, but for the whole
get_/set_property (which we want to use for almost everything in the
future) I do not know of a way that is not a huge mess.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger