[MPlayer-users] Video over firewire (IEEE 1394) from a digital cable box

Ergzay ergzay at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 00:41:10 CEST 2008

As the topic states I'm trying to play video from my Comcast digital
cable box using the Firewire (IEEE 1394) port on the back. There is a
tool I use called FireRecord to record this video but I want to be
able to play live the MPEG-TS stream that is coming from this. I've
seen ways of doing this installing things into the kernel in linux but
I want to know if this is currently possible with the current mplayer
and without doing something drastic on Mac OS X like recompiling the
darwin kernel (if possible). I've also seen that Myth TV can do this
as well but that app is way too complex for its own good.