[MPlayer-users] I think I met the ''pausing loadfile" in slave mode doesn't pause problem too

Chen Zheng nkchenz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 12:57:54 CEST 2008

Hi Bart,

I think I get it.  When you first time start slave mode, or mplayer
has nothing to play, it enters to idle mode, start from
mplayer.c

2672 play_next_file:

2733     while (!(cmd = mp_input_get_cmd(0,1,0))) {

here we get a cmd 'pausing loadfile 1.mp3',  in the next swtich we
only process it but did not call run_command,  so the context
mpctx->osd_function = OSD_PAUSE is not set.

so idle mode 'pausing loadfile' just doesn't work.  If mplayer is
playing something,  'pausing loadfile' works fine, because in
key_events module, run_command is called so the mpctx is right.

3516   while( !brk_cmd && (cmd = mp_input_get_cmd(0,0,0)) != NULL) {
3517       brk_cmd = run_command(mpctx, cmd);
3518       mp_cmd_free(cmd);

Patch attached.

Cheers
Chenz

ps. If there is a command which can load a new file and start playing
from a given offset in idle slave mode, that will be nice and exactly
what I want.  using two command loadfile and seek is not desirable,
because there will be unwanted frames played.

--
args are passed by ref, but bindings are local, variables are in fact
just a symbol referencing an object