[MPlayer-users] phase filter :v option seems not to work

Francois Visagie francois.visagie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 20:27:59 CEST 2008

Hi All,

In an effort to understand why MEncoder encodes interlaced video with the
wrong field order, I specified the phase filter default mode A and the
verbose option :v:

mencoder -mc 0 -vf phase=A:v,hqdn3d=2:1:2,harddup -oac lavc -ovc lavc
-lavcopts
abitrate=128:acodec=ac3:autoaspect:ilme:ildct:keyint=15:mbd=2:trell:vbitrate=%BITRATE%:vcodec=mpeg2video:vrc_buf_size=1835:vrc_maxrate=9800:vstrict=0%PSNR%
-of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd:tsaf %1 -o %OUTPUT% >%OUTPUT%.%PASS%.txt
However, no output appeared that wasn't there before and certainly nothing
relating to field order.

The system I'm working on is Windows XP SP 3 with MEncoder
Sherpya-SVN-r27323-4.2.4.

If I'm doing something wrong, I'll be grateful if you set me right, as
currently I'm not making any progress with the field order problem this way.

Thanks and kind regards,
Francois