[MPlayer-users] Incomplete TS scanning

Gergely CZUCZY gergely.czuczy at harmless.hu
Wed Aug 12 12:39:49 CEST 2009

Hello,

I've got some harmonic encoders which, in managed mode, output an
incomplete transport stream, which is understood by the multiplexer. So
far, only mplayer was able to play this stream, somehow mplayer looks
for the possible audio/video PIDs in the stream, and if found, plays
them. I'd like to use mplayer to get more information on this stream.
My question is, how could I make mplayer to output some more
information on this issue, like displaying the found PIDs in the
stream, their type (audio/video/whatever), could mplayer handle it,
what content was assumed for that type (like mpeg2/h264 for video, so
on)?

I've uploaded two streams to serve as examples for this, the first one
is captured with mplayer, using:
mplayer -vo null -dumpfile ch1.stream -dumpstream udp://224.20.5.1:3000

the output is:
http://files.mediatech.hu/ch1.stream

and the second one is a tcpdump capture file's saved UDP stream for the
previous content:
http://files.mediatech.hu/ch1.udp
(was made by: wireshark:ch1.cap->follow udp stream->save as)

mplayer plays both, but I couldn't get any other players to deal with
it, and we'd like to know how does mplayer understand it, and what are
the PIDs, content whatever, that needed to play this.

Thanks in advance

--
Sincerely,
Gergely CZUCZY