[MPlayer-users] (no subject)

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Aug 14 11:35:53 CEST 2009

klaas de waal <klaas.de.waal <at> gmail.com> writes:

> >> I get the following error message continously:
> >>
> >> [h264 @ 0xc3a960]non-existing SPS 32 referenced in buffering period
> >>
> >> when I play Dutch H264 HDTV broadcast recordings with mplayer.
> >> Is this something that needs to be fixed or can these messages just be
> >> ignored?
> >
> > This will be difficult to answer without a sample.

[...]

> If all is gone well then I've now uploaded a fragment of a few
> megabytes plus the mplayer output to
> ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming. Hope this helps.

It would have been even easier with the file-name (ned1h264.mpg)...

Could you explain how you recorded the sample?
I mean with cat /dev/something >yourfile or mplayer -dumpstream or which other
method?
If you used another software for recording, I think it would be good if you
could test mplayer -dumpstream (or even cat) to make sure the problem is not the
recording software.

Carl Eugen