[MPlayer-users] SDL in GUI

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Aug 28 11:16:01 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 09:38:17AM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 11:52:04AM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
> > Can you tell me; is it possible to use SDL video out in the mplayer gui?
>
> I ask because I am co-ordinating an effort to update the OpenBSD MPlayer
> package. This is one of the "stoppers" on the list. You may use SDL in
> mplayer, but not in the GUI. Is this correct?

First, I think it silly to make anything Gui-related a stopper, unless
you intend to take over maintenance for it (we won't).
Secondly, SDL "works" in the Gui in principle I think, you have to enter
it manually though. The problem is that (at least as it is done in
MPlayer) SDL insists on creating its own video window, and thus can not
properly integrate with a Gui. SMPlayer e.g. has a special mode for
those vos.