[MPlayer-users] SDL in GUI

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 11:28:21 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:16:01AM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> First, I think it silly to make anything Gui-related a stopper, unless
> you intend to take over maintenance for it (we won't).

The knowledge of the state of the GUI with SDL was teh stopper, not the
code itself :). Is the GUI now unmaintained?

> Secondly, SDL "works" in the Gui in principle I think, you have to enter
> it manually though. The problem is that (at least as it is done in
> MPlayer) SDL insists on creating its own video window, and thus can not
> properly integrate with a Gui. SMPlayer e.g. has a special mode for
> those vos.

Thanks, I did note smplayer managed it somehow.

--

Best Regards

Edd Barrett
(Freelance software developer / technical writer / open-source developer)

http://students.dec.bmth.ac.uk/ebarrett