[MPlayer-users] [xv_vo] Could not grab port 63

Jesús Guerrero i92guboj at terra.es
Sun Dec 6 10:43:34 CET 2009

Hello,

I am lately experiencing some problems that I know are probably the fault
of the radeon driver (I've recently migrated from fglrx), I know that
doesn't belong to this list, however, I see this informative message in the
mplayer output, which as far as I remember, I've never seen before.

[VO_XV] Could not grab port 63

I wonder what does this means, and if there's something that I can do in
the mplayer side to somehow improve the situation. Since I started using
the radeon driver XVideo performs poorly when there's some intensive work
in the background (compiling, for example). With fglrx it all worked ok. As
said, I am not seeking for help about the driver here, that'd be a
nonsense, I only wonder if the above mplayer message is something I should
care about and if it's somehow related to my problem or not.

Thanks.
--
Jesús Guerrero