[MPlayer-users] [xv_vo] Could not grab port 63

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Dec 6 11:02:03 CET 2009

On Sun, Dec 06, 2009 at 10:43:34AM +0100, Jesús Guerrero wrote:
> I am lately experiencing some problems that I know are probably the fault
> of the radeon driver (I've recently migrated from fglrx), I know that
> doesn't belong to this list, however, I see this informative message in the
> mplayer output, which as far as I remember, I've never seen before.
>
> [VO_XV] Could not grab port 63

xvinfo will show you port base and number of ports, MPlayer will try to grab
and open one in the range from (port base) to (port base + number of ports - 1)
Normally this will only fail if some other application is already using the
same port (only exactly one application at a time can use a specific port).
You could try -vo gl:yuv=2, though with my card and radeonhd driver it still
only crashes - updating to 2.6.32 kernel might fix that but I haven't
tried yet.