[MPlayer-users] unreadable ass subtitle file

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Thu Dec 17 11:08:10 CET 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-17 at 08:29 +0100, Roberto Malinverni wrote:
> The subtitle file contains both ascii and non ascii characters; the mkv does
> come with embedded fonts.

So is it an external subtitle file or an embedded subtitle track in the
mkv? Your first post only talked about "subtitle track", but now you
mention a "subtitle file" which sounds like a separate one; embedded
fonts again sound like something meant for subtitle tracks in the main
file.

> the option "-noembeddedfonts" doesn't change anything - I tried even to
> remux the mkv without the fonts.
> I tested the mkv with an older mplayer version (svn r29484) and it works
> fine.

So behavior changed?

> Attaching the subtitle file makes this post too big for the list.
> If needed, I can provide a 5Mb/30sec sample of the mkv along with the fonts
> and the complete subtitles:
> since I read something in the devel mailing list regarding an imminent
> cleanup of incoming,
> it's fine if I use megaupload or something similar?

The incoming cleanup shouldn't affect the latest uploaded files.