[MPlayer-users] R: unreadable ass subtitle file

Roberto Malinverni roberto.malinverni at dico.coop.it
Thu Dec 17 11:26:59 CET 2009

Sorry if I was unclear: the subtitle _is_ embedded in the mkv, as the fonts
are.
I tried to play with the latest mplayer (both svn and git):

- the mkv as it is, with and without using the embedded fonts;
- a remuxed mkv without embedded fonts;
- the original mkv with the extracted ass file as an external subtitle.

None of these worked.
An older mplayer version (svn rev. 29484) played the original file as it is
perfectly.
So, something changed between svn 29484 and the current version: I can't
determine what exactly happened.
I'll upload the sample once I get home tonight. The file will be called
"not-working-ass.tar.bz2".
Regards,
Roberto

--
Il messaggio e' stato analizzato alla ricerca di virus o
contenuti pericolosi da MailScanner, ed e'