[MPlayer-users] Request for Bloom effect in Video Output

Каримов Родион RodionKarimov at yandex.ru
Sat Dec 19 11:12:53 CET 2009

Hello.
Is there any chance that realtime effect Bloom - like in modern computer games, that is often used with HDR - will be realized in MPlayer. It is relatively simple to implement it in GL and DirectX output. And it is not loading CPU - Bloom fully works on videocard.
Only film that has this effect in itself - it is, as far as I remember, Crimson Rivers 2 Angels of Apocalypse - all other films are going without it. So it will be interesting to look how they will look like with this effect.
Sorry for my name is written in russian - I can't switch it to english in my web interface. On english my name is Rodion Karimov.