[MPlayer-users] VOB aspect ratio mystery

Andrew Wason rectalogic at rectalogic.com
Thu Feb 12 00:14:19 CET 2009

Pádraig Brady <P <at> draigBrady.com> writes:

> Nico Sabbi wrote:
> > how can we know without log and sample to analyze?
>
> Sorry, here are 3 VOB files run with mplayer-1.0-0.91.20080531svn.lvn8
> As you can see it's identifying two of them as 16:9 even though
> they all have aspect 2 in the MPEG stream:

I suspect it was the fix for this issue:
https://roundup.ffmpeg.org/roundup/ffmpeg/issue562

So mplayer that uses libavcodec prior to r15183 works and post does not.

Because this video apparently uses pan_scan properly according to the spec, but
so many others do not. So reverting this fix breaks all the other videos.

Andrew