[MPlayer-users] Bitrate bug with MEncoder

qewqe qweqwe qjzqqjzq3 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 11 15:27:20 CET 2009

I've noticed (with the help of GSpot) that if you'll adjust a target bitrate of video,
you'll not get the same, but different -
in the 90%-110% range from selected (data from my small research).
My operation system is Windows XP, CPU is AMD,
the other factors doesn't matter because I've found (using Google) that
it isn't only my problem, but the common one.
For example, Lokster, the author of viDrop - the open source tool based on MEncoder
which allow you to convert video for portable media players, can confirm that I'm right.
As you can see, not only the MEncoder has this problem, but all of video converting tools based on it.
Also I'd like to notice that the sound's bitrate is correct, that nasty bitrate problem is only with video image.
That it's not because of my wrong video codecs - I have the latest Mega Codec Pack installed.

You must knew about this problem before my report, because it's easily detecting.
Maybe it's hard to fix, because if it wasn't hard, in that case it would already be fixed.