[MPlayer-users] svga scaling problem

Stephen Mollett molletts at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 15 12:36:22 CET 2009

Hi,

On Sunday 28 December 2008 00:42:03 Dave Wood wrote:
> I'm using svgalib to play movies and the last one I played has been a pain.
> I would much rather this is done in hardware than software since this is a
> slowish T42 laptop. So...
> Is there some way of using hardware to scale the image up to max width?

I assume you have a good reason for not using X11 for video output. If it's a
ThinkPad T42 then it strikes me as quite a beefy machine (a quick google
suggests a Pentium-M at 1.7GHz or above) with quite capable ATI graphics
hardware that would have plenty of headroom for playing video under X.
(Certainly quite a bit more substantial than my X40's 1.2GHz P-M CPU and
Intel 855GME graphics.)

If you used X11, you could probably use the Xv output driver which does
hardware scaling and YUV->RGB conversion.

Just a suggestion...

Stephen