[MPlayer-users] subtitle missing

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Mon Feb 16 20:55:18 CET 2009

> That helps :-) So now I can view the subtitles at last, thanks.

> BUT even then, why do I need to do it like that? Shouldn't the subtitles
> start right away?

This is a known problem, and there's a fix for it (I'd have to dig out
the patch posted last November IIRC), but this patch introduces another
glitch, i.e. it forgets the -forcedsubsonly settings, so I'll have to
press Shift+F twice to get the normal forced subs only behavior. Noone
answered to my question regarding this.

When I get home from work, I'll look up the patch (it's only one line).

> I also tried to dump subtitles with the -dumpsrtsub option, and no file was
> created. (Maybe I'm not using the option correctly?)

Don't know about that, since I never used this option myself.

--
cheers,
Alex