[MPlayer-users] h.264 'slow motion' problem

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Jan 12 23:40:00 CET 2009

Derek C <derekmplayer <at> hssl.ie> writes:

> Command:
>
> mplayer -lavdopts skiploopfilter=all:skipframe=nonref dvb://RTE1 >
> ./mplayer-output.txt 2>&1

Just to explain: skiploopfilter=all speeds up the decoding process and in most
cases, makes no visual difference.
skipframe=nonref drops all B-frames, it can be used if a computer is too slow to
decode the content.

[...]

> VO: [x11] 720x576 => 786x576 Planar YV12

IMO, you should now really try to fix away vo x11: It is always slower than -vo
xv for me, afaik, it is also slower than -vo gl.
Please install something like libXv-devel (I don't know the name of the OpenGL
libraries) and see if configure auto-detects them (don't try --enable, just
install the libraries, they are auto-detected).

Carl Eugen