[MPlayer-users] h.264 'slow motion' problem

Derek C derekmplayer at hssl.ie
Tue Jan 13 00:35:52 CET 2009

Hi Carl,

> IMO, you should now really try to fix away vo x11: It is always slower
> than -vo xv for me,

Yes - I recall that xv was superior (some time in the past where I've been
at this stuff before).

I've got the SVN mplayer re-compiled with xv support and it's selecting xv
as the default VO now

> Just to explain: skiploopfilter=all speeds up the decoding process and in
> most cases, makes no visual difference. skipframe=nonref drops all
> B-frames, it can be used if a computer is too slow to
> decode the content.

But what's weird is that if I add these switches the display goes slow &
jerky - a very noticeable difference.

The only way I can get a normal[ish?] speed is to only add the "-mc 0.5"
argument.  But audio and video is out of sync (would -mc 0.5 make A/V be
out of sync?).

thanks for the continued help!

Derek

--