[MPlayer-users] Disabling subtitles when encoding

Igor Katson descentspb at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 11:58:40 CET 2009

Hello,

I am trying to reencode an mkv with embedded subtitles using mencoder.
But there is a problem: the subtitles are burned into the video when
using default options (so I can't disable it), and I haven't found the
correct option to turn that feature of neither in the man page of
mencoder, nor in Google.

How can I disable that? I have used a workaround of setting subtitle
delay to a number, much bigger then the length of the video, but I don't
like that.

Thanks, and best regards,
Igor Katson.