[MPlayer-users] What happened to -af volnorm?

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Mon Jan 26 08:24:26 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 03:38:56PM +1000, Adam Nielsen wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed this problem or is it just me?

I only started using the volnorm filter within the last few months,
but have observed the same issues you describe.  I just assumed that
the filter was not robust enough to tackle the material I was passing
through it, being movies and tv shows, so in the end I pretty much
gave up using it.

it's interesting to hear that volnorm may have functioned better in
the past.  I wonder if the original author may be able to take a look
at it.

what was the revision that you last knew it to be working in?