[MPlayer-users] sdp,rtp Null reference leading to mplayer crash

Barb Sterling bsterling at cardinalpeak.com
Mon Jul 13 19:41:45 CEST 2009

Hello,

I ran into a bug in avcodec that I was able to fix (I think).  MPlayer was crashing with
"MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: video_read_frame".
Upon running gdb and reproducing, the traceback pointed to a null
reference being made in the avcodec library in h264.c in ff_h264_decode_seq_parameter_set().

The problem is with

    if( s->avctx->debug&FF_DEBUG_PICT_INFO){
    }

If a test for  s->avctx != NULL is added before the reference to s->avctx->debug and in similar code in  ff_h264_decode_picture_parameter_set() everything works fine.

In my case I was trying to play two rtp streams using an sdp file.  An older version of mplayer/ffmpeg from 2 years ago did not have this problem.

I checked out the lastest ffmpeg code and the problem appears to still exist in it.

How do we go about getting this addressed in ffmpeg?

Thank you,
Barbara Sterling