[MPlayer-users] mplayer crashes with ac3 audio

Roberto Malinverni roberto.malinverni at dico.coop.it
Mon Jul 27 12:55:25 CEST 2009

Mplayer built from fresh (yesterday) SVN checkout on fully updated
ArchLinux.

I read about a patch that addresses an issue regarding the internal liba52
when _compiling_ mplayer with gcc 4.4.0 and I know that the problem is
reported to be solved with gcc 4.4.1. The following seems to me different: I
can compile Mplayer, but I'm experiencing crashes with ac3 audio. I tested
mkv files and dvd, using liba52 as well as ffac3.

(a) using gcc 4.4.0, Mplayer compiles fine but it crashes when playing ac3
audio;
(b) using gcc 4.4.0 and the above mentioned patch for the internal liba52,
Mplayer still compiles fine and it works with ac3 audio, but if I use the
"-ss" switch it crashes again.
(c) using gcc 4.4.1 (and no patches at all), Mplayer compiles but crashes as
in case (a)
(d) all is fine using a "legacy" gcc 3.4.6.

Regards,
Roberto Malinverni

--
Il messaggio e' stato analizzato alla ricerca di virus o
contenuti pericolosi da MailScanner, ed e'