[MPlayer-users] Frame by Frame Playing

DaveG mplayer01 at dgmm.net
Sat Jun 13 22:51:59 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 20 May 2009, Akif Kucet wrote:
> I'm an character animator and sometimes(not sometimes,usually:)I need to
> revision scenes frame by frame.It's so important for animation.Also I know
> a lot of animation studios use Linux.(for instance:DreamWorks)But without
> watching the scene carefully,it's impossible to animate a scene.So if you
> can add this feature to MPlayer.Belive me,it will be perfect for guys like
> me.Because of this,I can't invite animators to Linux.In Macs and
> Windows,Apple's QuickTime Player handles it.But believe me I couldn't find
> any software that can handle frame by frame playing.
> Also Quick Time's plugin works great on sites such this:
> www.11secondclub.com
> I can't watch videos frame-by-frame so I can't critic anything.Hope you
> guys can add this feature.Belive me this' an important feature.Thanks!

You might want to have a look at avidemux and/or kino

avidemux only plays with avi type stuff.  Kino imports/converts everything to
dv first.  IMO Kino is better than avidemux for fwd/rev single stepping.

Both rely heavily on mplayer and/or ffmpeg and/or transcode so if you really
want to, you could have a look at what they do and how.

--
Dave