[MPlayer-users] need some help with video output

Justin Smith justinsmith2009 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 21:14:42 CEST 2009

Hi,

When I play a video with mplayer -vo xv I see a weird picture as
mentioned above. I don't really know why this happens, but I will
provide enough info so somebody can help me on this list.

This issue doesn't happen on all files, only some files.

If I add -vf format, -vo x11 - then the issue doesn't come up - but I
lose performance.

Xine doesn't have this issue either.

Anybody has faced similar issue before - or any tips or further
information I can provide to help diagnose and fix this issue.

Thanks,

Justin