[MPlayer-users] choosing which sound card with sdl

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Mar 11 11:52:19 CET 2009

chris cringle wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 6:21 PM, chris cringle
> <confused.of.dc at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi After a lot of testing I've finally got video and audio working
>> together by using the sdl audio driver. With this driver, how can I
>> specify which sound card to use? When I have my voip headset
>> plugged in that is used rather than my normal sound card.
>>
>> I've checked the preferences and the only options I have are
>> "default".
>
> Does the lack of responses mean that no one knows how to specify a
> different card or that the answer is so obvious that it doesn't
> deserve a reply?

Given that SDL isn't hardware-specific, but is effectively a wrapper
over whatever your system provides, I wouldn't be in the least surprised
if it weren't possible to tell it what hardware to use.

Your system-wide SDL preferences may offer more options, but that won't
necessarily help your case.

All I can suggest is, look at the man page; if it doesn't explain how to
do it, then there's fairly good odds that it can't be done. (Though in
some cases that just means that no one's implemented it yet.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.