[MPlayer-users] mplayer playlist - different codecs options for different entries?

Alexandru Nedelcu alex at sinapticode.ro
Thu Mar 19 02:56:20 CET 2009

Hi,

When creating a playlist for mplayer I'd like to have some common
command-line options (like -fixed-vo) and some options specific to
individual entries in the playlist. I wouldn't mind passing the
filenames from the command line, as long as it supports different
options for different files, but I don't know how to do that.

My problem is that I have a 5.1 system with SPDIF and I want to specify
a pass-through (-ac hwac3) when the sound is encoded in ac3. But if the
sound is only stereo if I specify -ac hwac3 then it doesn't have any
audio output anymore.

So if the playlist wasn't designed for this, is there any other way to
play both stereo / 5.1 files in a single mplayer session?

Thanks,

--
Alexandru Nedelcu
Computer Scientist, Sinapticode