[MPlayer-users] playing flac files with cue info

Ilja Sekler ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de
Fri May 1 13:30:07 CEST 2009

On 26.03.2009 18:47, Jesús Otero wrote:

> I've benn using Mplayer from long as a command line audio player.
> Recently i've encoded an audio cd on a big single wav file, and
> generated the corresponding .cue file. The Wave file plays perfectly
> [...]. The problem is when i try to play it using the .cue file. I
> send a command like this:
>
> mplayer cue://the name of the cue file.cue
>
> and it reads the .cue file, finds the corresponding .wav file, but
> it does not play anithing and the program exits with a lot of
> garbage info about complains on the file entries of the .cue file.
> (see at the end of the post)
>
> I've not found any documentation on playing the cue:// "protocol"
> from the command line, so hope someone could point me some info here.
> can it be used to play .cue from audio cd's or is just for video
> files?

It would be really a terribly cool enhancement to add support for audio
cuesheets to MPlayer as (S)VCDs are dying out.

<offtopic>

mplayer cue://cuesheet:track

crashes MPlayer (tested with r29237) in open_stream if track > 274103. I
didn't invest time into a gdb backtrace yet. Anyway, I don't have a
valid usage scenario for the cue:// protocol unless it learns to handle
extracted audio CDs.

</offtopic>

--
Regards