[MPlayer-users] A/V Sync Problems

Stefan zak256 at web.de
Tue May 19 14:46:12 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to copy an audio and video track from a dvd, but after
merging these files into an mkv container (with mkvmerge), at some point
the synchronisation is lost.

When I play the video with "mplayer dvd://1 -aid 130" everything is
fine, but when I copy the audio track with "mplayer dvd://1 -aid 130
-dumpaudio -dumpfile audio.ac3" after merging to video.mkv at some point
within the file the synchronisation is lost. Please note that another
audio track (aid 128) works fine with the same commands and videofile by
the way, so the videotrack should be ok.

There seems to be some automatic correction when playing the dvd
directly and I wonder how I can consider this information when
extracting the audio track?

Extracting with transcode 1.1.2 leads to the same results by the way.

Thanks for any help on this.

Stefan