[MPlayer-users] Question about capturing webcast radio stations

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Sun May 24 20:50:07 CEST 2009

JD pisze:
> The are some online radio stations that webcast live.
> The link on their page to listen to such webcast is a
> "javascript:openStreamingPlayer();"
>
> In such instances, what is the trick to save
> such a stream without resorting to using someting
> like audacity which then records off of the microphone,
> which has horrible quality, and is full of environmental
> noise.

can't you record from "mixer" or "DAC" device ( on my system with ALSA
"DAC" device is offering this capabilities for me - since
"record-My-desktop" is doing it then it should be done with other
programs )?

What player you use to play such stream in browser - is it Kevin's
DeKorte "GECKO Mediaplayer"? If it is then you could check stream url in
it and paste it to MPlayer/MEncoder tandem.

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/