[MPlayer-users] Mencoder with static libraries

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Mon May 25 16:56:11 CEST 2009

Remington Vörtmann wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Yes, I always do that. But as I said, mencoder compiles but crashes on
> startup... do I have to compile xvid and mp3lame in a special way for static
> use maybe? I compiled them with the standard configuration which puts out
> DLLs besides the *.a libraries. I put all of them in MinGWs lib folder... or
> do I have to delete or rename some of those libraries?

Well, I always compile only the static versions of all the libraries
that I use. As far as I can see, you have two problems:

1) xvidcore is not detected when you try to build a static MPlayer
2) MEncoder now crashes without any useful information

To solve (1) - look in configure.log for where it says "Checking for
xvid" or something similar. Look at the test that is executed, and the
error message.

To solve (2) -
See the section in the MPlayer HTML documentation on reporting bugs,
in particular how to compile with debugging information and get a stack
trace using gdb.

Regards
Alias John Brown.