[MPlayer-users] how to "step backforward" ?

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Wed May 27 14:47:09 CEST 2009

> Mplayer already has a 10min and 10sec back and forth option, and the
> frame forward option. How difficult is it to 'copy' the 10sec option and
> make an extra divide by 250 if it's PAL or 30000/1001 if it's NTSC ?

I think the problem with doing that would be that you'd be decoding from the
last keyframe for every frame you asked for, regardless of whether you'd
recently passed through this frame en route to another. This would work, and
certainly be better than nothing, especially for people like me who deal
mainly in I-frame formats, but I can't help thinking there ought to be a
better way.