[MPlayer-users] Segmentation Fault with Musepack 8 playback

andrew andrew.david.45 at gmail.com
Sat May 30 01:26:22 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 02:30:03PM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> andrew <andrew.david.45 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I am experiencing a segmentation fault while playing a Musepack sv8 file
> > with the current svn MPlayer.
>
> Since the crash happens inside libavcodec, you should test
> ffmpeg -i solaris.mpc -f crc
> If it also crashes (as I expect), please follow http://ffmpeg.org/bugreports.html

Indeed it did:

+-----------------
andrew at skamandros~/Desktop$ ffmpeg -i solaris.mpc -f crc sample.wav
FFmpeg version SVN-r18971, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et
al.
  configuration: --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/man --disable-debug
--enable-shared --disable-static --enable-postproc --enable-avfilter
--enable-pthreads --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis
--enable-x11grab --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libx264
--enable-libschroedinger --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad
--enable-libamr-wb --enable-libamr-nb --enable-libgsm
--enable-libspeex --enable-zlib --enable-nonfree --enable-gpl
  libavutil     50. 3. 0 / 50. 3. 0
  libavcodec    52.29. 1 / 52.29. 1
  libavformat   52.33. 0 / 52.33. 0
  libavdevice   52. 2. 0 / 52. 2. 0
  libavfilter    0. 5. 0 /  0. 5. 0
  libswscale     0. 7. 1 /  0. 7. 1
  libpostproc   51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0
  built on May 28 2009 19:40:57, gcc: 4.2.4
Input #0, mpc8, from 'solaris.mpc':
  Duration: 00:02:47.18, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 182 kb/s
    Stream #0.0: Audio: mpc8, 44100 Hz, stereo, s16
Output #0, crc, to 'sample.wav':
    Stream #0.0: Audio: pcm_s16le, 44100 Hz, stereo, s16, 1411 kb/s
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
Press [q] to stop encoding
Multiple frames in a packet from stream 0
Multiple frames in a packet from stream 0
Multiple frames in a packet from stream 0
Multiple frames in a packet from stream 0
Multiple frames in a packet from stream 0
Multiple frames in a packet from stream 0
Multiple frames in a packet from stream 0
Multiple frames in a packet from stream 0
Multiple frames in a packet from stream 0
Multiple frames in a packet from stream 0
Multiple frames in a packet from stream 0
Multiple frames in a packet from stream 0
Segmentation fault
+--------------------

I have uploaded a sample as you have suggested:

> Alternatively, you could at least upload the sample to
> ftp://ffmpeg.org/MPlayer/incoming/
> (write-only, please create a new directory and also upload solaris.txt
> explaining your problem in a few words.)
> and report the directory- / file name here.

The sample is in /MPlayer/incoming/solaris as solaris.mpc and I have
included solaris.txt with some brief notes and the link to my initial
gdb backtrace.

I shall also create the FFmpeg bugreport as suggested.

Andrew

--
Do you think that's air you're breathing?