[MPlayer-users] DVDNAV problem: subtitles

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Nov 6 09:37:08 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 02:59:34AM -0200, Dâniel Fraga wrote:
> 	The solution is to make dvdnav:// to be more like dvd:// :).

I have been working on that, however I do not see where the difference
lies, since for my DVDs dvdnav and dvd behave the same.
It looks like the issue should be in libdvdnav, but that should mean
that e.g. VLC would have the same issue unless there are still more
patches not yet merged back.

> 	PS: and something that would be really usefull, although not
> related to this issue, is to change the audio OSD to be more
> descriptive. For example, today it will show:
>
> Audio: (128) en
> Audio: (129) pt
> Audio: (130) en
>
> 	although it could show:
>
> Audio: ac3 (5.1) language: en aid: 128.
> Audio: ac3 (5.1) language: pt aid: 129.
> Audio: ac3 (stereo) language: en aid: 130.
>
> 	or at least some hint of the "stereo" or "5.1" audio... but if
> it's too much work, no problem.

I'd have to read up on it, but I think that is just not possible at
that point. The language info comes from the ifo, whereas the channel
number basically must be determined by the decoder.
I suspect that this is so in general, because my hardware DVD player can
show the channel layout also only for the audio stream currently
playing.