[MPlayer-users] m2ts (blu-ray rip) audio/video sync issue: performance advice?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Nov 6 10:33:07 CET 2009

Dâniel Fraga <fragabr <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Latest nvidia driver: 190.42

No, but it should not make any difference.
What is the refresh rate of your screen?

> mplayer -vc ffh264vdpau -aid 4352 -fs -af pan=2:1:0:0:1:1:0:0:1:1:1:1:1
> -channels 6 -lavdopts threads=2:skiploopfilter=all -subdelay -12 -sub
> legenda.srt 00001.m2ts

Using these lavdopts together with ff*vdpau makes no sense (but is also not the
source of your problems). Note that skipframe is also supported for ff*vdpau.

[...]

> 	PS: after some testing, I discovered that removing the subtitle
> options (-subdelay -12 -sub legenda.srt) helps (no video delay), so
> probably adding a subtitle will add a lot of overhead on video
> processing, right?

No, but it adds some overhead to vdpau output. -speed might be the only option
that could help you.

> 	PS2: here is the mplayer output, if for some reason it's
> important:

It is always needed.

Carl Eugen